10 quotes on Christ, temples and covenants from President Nelson

The 2023 Temple and Family History Leadership Instruction broadcast concludes with 10 teachings, invitations, promises and blessings from President Russell M. Nelson on the Savior Jesus Christ, the house of the Lord, covenants and ordinances.

Jesus Christ at the center

“Because Jesus Christ is at the center of everything we do in the temple, as you think more about the temple, you will be thinking more about Him.” — “Go Forward in Faith,” April 2020 general conference

Spiritual strengthening and tutoring

“After we receive our own temple ordinances and make sacred covenants with God, each one of us needs the ongoing spiritual strengthening and tutoring that is only possible in the house of the Lord.” — “Becoming Exemplary Latter-day Saints,” October 2018 general conference

Children of the covenant

“Everything we believe and every promise God has made to His covenant people come together in the temple. … Those who make covenants with God and keep them are children of the covenant.” — “The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation,” October 2021 general conference

The most important cause

“Heavenly Father has sent His children to earth for more than six millennia. Most of those people have not yet received the ordinances that would qualify them for eternal life. That is why temples are so significant. That is why the gathering of Israel on both sides of the veil is the most important cause on earth today.” — “Choices for Eternity,” Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults, May 14, 2022

Helping to gather Israel

“Anytime you do anything that helps anyone — on either side of the veil — take a step toward making covenants with God and receiving their essential baptismal and temple ordinances, you are helping to gather Israel. It is as simple as that.” — “Hope of Israel,” Worldwide Youth Devotional, June 3, 2018

Living inside temple covenants

“Whenever any kind of upheaval occurs in your life, the safest place to be spiritually is living inside your temple covenants.” — “The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation,” October 2021 general conference

Safety, solace and revelation

“If you don’t yet love to attend the temple, go more often — not less. Let the Lord, through His Spirit, teach and inspire you there. I promise you that over time, the temple will become a place of safety, solace and revelation. — “The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation,” October 2021 general conference

The power of Jesus Christ

“Each person who makes covenants in baptismal fonts and temples — and keeps them — has increased access to the power of Jesus Christ. Please ponder that stunning truth. The reward for keeping covenants with God is heavenly power — power that strengthens us to withstand our trials, temptations and heartaches better. This power eases our way.” — “Overcome the World and Find Rest,October 2022 general conference

Spiritual doors will open

“I plead with you to seek — prayerfully and consistently — to understand temple covenants and ordinances. Spiritual doors will open. You will learn how to part the veil between heaven and earth, how to ask for God’s angels to attend you, and how better to receive direction from heaven.” — “The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation,” October 2021 general conference

Spend more time in the temple

“My dear brothers and sisters, construction of these temples may not change your life, but your time in the temple surely will. In that spirit, I bless you to identify those things you can set aside so you can spend more time in the temple. I bless you with greater harmony and love in your homes and a deeper desire to care for your eternal family relationships. I bless you with increased faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a greater ability to follow Him as His true disciples.” — “Let Us All Press On,” April 2018 general conference

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7tbTEnJ%2BuqpOdu6bD0meaqKVfobKisMSrqmhqYGeAcH%2BOa2Zra2Zmg3eBlWinq52jnrGmutNmpZ6ko6S7bn2PZqCnrpmprrW1zqeqZqiipLqqv8SsZKqtn6mytHnCoamiq6Riwaa5z6WcrGWTpMOmusCnq6w%3D